Pinterest has become one of the most fun & lucrative social media platforms on the web. When you look at the statistics, it’s easy to see why.
Pinterest sees 10 million unique users each month. These users interact with companies more & spend more money.
Though, the benefits of a visual platform are pretty easy to see, the statistics should seal the deal for you.
BJC has compiled a list of pertinent statistics that will show you why you need to be on Pinterest & show you how to do it properly! Browse through & learn more. Be sure to let us know which statistic had the biggest impact on your decision!
Pinterest & The People
- Pinterest User Share:
- US: 46%
- UK: 3.4%
- India: 11.4%
- Canada: 3.1%
- Australia: 2.2%
- Spain: 2%
- Brazil: 2%
- Pinterest User Demographics:
- 80% Women; 20% Men
- 50% Parents
- 12-17: 4.1%
- 18-24: 17.3%
- 25-34: 27.4%
- 35-44: 22.1%
- 45-54: 17.9%
- College Graduates: 20%
- College Attendees: 16%
- High School Diploma or less: 11%
- 25% of Fortune Global 100 companies have Pinterest accounts
- 43% of Pinterest members agree that they use Pinterest to “associate with retailers or brands with which I identify!”
- Reasons People use Pinterest
- Get ideas on what to purchase
- Collect & curate things I like
- 43% of users prefer to use Pinterest to associate with brands.
Pinterest vs. Other Social
- Average Order Value:
- Pinterest – $179.35
- Facebook – $80.22
- Twitter – $68.78
- Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined
- Pinterest referrals spend 70% more money than visitors referred from non-social channels
- 69% of consumers who visit Pinterest find items they want/buy vs. just 40% on Facebook.
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in its history.
- Avg time spent on:
- Pinterest: 1h 17m
- Twitter: 36m
- Facebook: 12.1m
- Pins with prices get 36% more likes than those without
- Engagement is key. Be sure to interact with users by repining liking & commenting on other peoples pins & boards.
- Add the “Follow” and “Pin It” buttons to your website to encourage visitors to share your content.
- Be sure to add links to images you upload. These images keep the original link. When others repin your images, the links spread.
- Vertical: 5000px; 554 horizontal
- Pin videos of your products, special events, behind the scenes etc. Viewers can watch these videos from your Pinterest page.
- Pinterest boards & pins are being indexed in Google search results. Be sure to use important keywords in your title & descriptions!
- Most Popular Boards on Pinterest:
- Home Décor – 11%
- Art – 10.7%
- Design – 10.3%
- Most Popular Category On Pinterest:
- Food and Drink – 11.9%
- DIY and crafts – 9.2%
- Home Décor – 5.9%