SOCIAL MEDIA STATISTICS
According to SBA.gov these are ten important statistics that will help you get ahead.
- If you use a social media site such as LinkedIn or Facebook, you are among the 46% of online adults in the United States who do.
- Are you using video to market your small business? Not sure it’s worthwhile? Well, consider this: 62% of adult American Internet users watch videos on video-sharing sites such as YouTube.com.
- If your Facebook business Fan page has more than 100 fans, you are in the top 65% of all users.
- 68% of business-to-business (B2B) companies measure the success of social media based on how much traffic is sent to their websites. This is the number one measurement that B2B companies use.
- Those who exhibit social behavior on Twitter- through use of words like-w’ and’yo’ and relationship-oriented words’ tend to have more followers. So if numbers of followers are important to you, get social!
- The best time of day to tweet if you want to get retweets is 4′ 5 PM Eastern time.
- 51% of Facebook fans and 67% of Twitter followers are more likely to buy the brands they follow or are a fan of.
- LinkedIn users are older and more affluent than other social networks. Almost 70% have household income over $60,000 annually. Some 38% are 35-49 years old. Another 31% are 50 years old and above. If older affluent business people is your target, LinkedIn could be a good place to find them.
- If you post at least one Twitter update per day, you are among the top 15% most active Twitter users.
- If you have 100 Twitter followers or more, you are among the top 7% of Twitter users as measured by number of followers.
26 Elm Street, Suite 4
Quincy, MA 02169